March 29, 2011

Pasta Mama

When I woke up this morning, my daddy said that we were going to make pasta from scratch. Mommy and Skyelar had gone out, so we cranked the music really loud like we do when they are gone and set up our kitchen.

I love cooking with my daddy because he lets me do everything myself.  We started with two mounds of flour with two eggs in the middle!


Then we smashed and smooshed and kneaded the dough until it turned into a ball. Daddy worked on his first then helped give mine shape.


I was very careful not to make a huge mess. I pounded it and finally it started to look like a ball. We talked about how making food with love makes it taste yummy and how sometimes just because something is easy and fast doesn't make it good. I said, "if we want to be green we can make things from scratch!"



After we let the dough sit for a while, it was ready for the pasta machine. We rolled it into squares and fed it through the machine. My job was to set it up, then daddy cranked it and I picked it up and got it ready to do it again. While daddy was cranking we chanted, "crank, Crank, CRANK!"


Then we cut it up into Fettuccine and Spaghetti.




You can see more pictures of the process here and read my daddy's thoughts here:



Then we cooked up some Spaghetti and added sauce. Daddy said next time we could cook the sauce from scratch too. We didn't have time today because we were off to see Gnomeo and Juliet. (Which was really good by the way!)


As you can guess it was yummy! It does taste better when you take the time and add the love!


Skyelar loved it too!.


After the movie, Skyelar and I did some water color, and...



...finally we ate dinner!


Great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment