May 19, 2010

imagine

Imagine by John Lennon was one of the songs that was on constant rotation at my house when I was a child. At any time of day, any day of the week, you could hear John's fingers softly caress the piano, as his voice sang a simple song of peace and hope. As a child his words made me feel important. It was the first time I realized that music has the power to change the world. I think I was seven when I first remember listening to it. No song since has been simpler and more honest for me. However, clich├ęd or melodramatic it may have become, it is one of my favorite songs.

I have been fiddling around a guitar version of the song for a few weeks, and Skyelar has been my sole audience. She seemed awfully excited the last time I was playing, so I set up the camera and let it roll as I strummed away. I think her excitement and curiosity reflect the same feelings I had as a child when listening to this song.

I am sure she has no idea what the words mean, but as a dreamer from a family of dreamers we have her whole life to understand them together.

You may say that I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will be as one


No comments:

Post a Comment