March 26, 2009

The Lorax

I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees.
I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.

I read Kaia the Lorax by Dr. Seuss for the first time tonight, and while it was the longest book we have read, she was rapt with attention! She kept asking questions and follow along very well. It is still way over her head, but at the very end she asked, "Where did the Lorax go?" "He went away," I told her because the Once-ler chopped down all the tress." "When will he come back?" She asked. "When we take better are of the trees. Can you do that?" Silence. "Of course I can."

The word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear.
UNLESS someone like you
cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better.
It's not.

1 comment:

  1. one of my favorite stories and my favorite dr. seuss story.

    ReplyDelete