September 29, 2008

Scary Whale

A while back here at Dear Kaia, we wrote a blog post about how I sleep in my big girl bed now.
Well things have a changed a bit around here. Ever since I saw this:

I feel like this! I am convinced that a whale will come from the ceiling, swim under my bed and swallow me whole. That imagination is a crazy thing. My mommy and daddy tell me not to worry, but I can't shake the thought of that huge whale. So every night is a battle. I want them to stay in my room till I fall asleep and they want me to face my fears and sleep on my own.

We have compromised; they leave the door open and sit in the living room where I can see them. Sometimes, I need to make some adjustments to make sure I can see them.

I am starting to sleep better during my naps, so hopefully soon I will go to sleep on my own at night too. Oh, did I mention that I get up every night around 3 am and crawl into their bed as well? Well, I do.

3 comments:

  1. my husband is going to be so jealous that you have a kung fu panda :) kaia honey, whales only swim- they can't breathe the way we do. no whale will come to eat you either- whales can't eat people- they don't have teeth like us. you will be ok- your mom and dad won't let anything happen to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:36 AM

    The whales are nothing, its those crazy clowns you got to be weary of

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:34 PM

    WHALES ARE SO SCARY. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete